Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Greetings from Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from Seattle

Well, it didn't seem like there were enough noob questions asked on this forum, so I thought I'd help out.

I'm putting together a 56 Chevy 4-door with a 6-banger, which is pretty forgetful car. Mine has a "late model" 292 six on propane with a "lump-ported" head, blow-through turbo and nitrous, with water/meth a possibility. This runs through a Richmond 6 speed to an 8.8 out of a 95 exploder, 3.73 posi. Shooting for 12.000000001's so I don't have to put in a rollbar, but can still handle most idiots at the red light.

I've been looking around on here for awhile because I'm building this one as a sleeper (ok, they're always sleepers) so I'm doing a trunk mount turbo tucked up behind the left rear tire between the trunk and the outer fender. I want to hide anything technological (I know people have been turbocharging cars since the 50's, but they just look "new" and "fast" at the A&W). You guys are the only people who don't insist remote mounts will crack in the first mud puddle and take a half-hour to spool. I'm doing a lot of research, and not many people know much about propane turbo in a blowthrough configuration, or any other configuration.

Anyway, that's why I'm here. That, and to ask noob questions and ignore the search function entirely.......