Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New poster customary introduction

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default New poster customary introduction

Hi. I'm Kevin. I bought this 2004 Cadillac CTS-V in October 2009. I've lurked LS1 tech for quite a while, but totally forgot about it because it's a performance site, and my other car (1999 Aurora), had a tiny engine. Here's my CTS-V Story.

I bought this car on 10-8-2009:

on 10-14-2009 I wrecked it. Bad luck, I know. Something tells me the tinted out reverse lights on the car had something to do with it. Ironically, I'm a UPS driver and backing caution is stressed every minute of every day.

This cost me 1,200 to get fixed, but live and learn I guess.

Well anyway, I bought the car with an R-Title after extensive research about the car, and I spent more than a few hours in Ohio looking at it and being meticulous in my quest for my first V.

The issues with the car are and were:

Burned out high beam bulb (replace with HID, anyway so no biggie)

image of it on the lift. Replacing a headlight in this car is a bitch, IMO.

I've replaced so far:

Window tint completely removed (and put a 16 percent on, that stuff was too dark)
Headlight bulbs
Cracked washer fluid tank
Tires (already due for new rear ones hehe)
brakes
Oil
Transmission fluid
gear oil

I'd like to replace/get done:

Powder coated wheels and grille flat black, and possibly get the wheels done flat black with a red lip. Any input?

complete wet-sand and buff done. It has been through one too many automatic car washes

Camshaft
Lifters
Intake
Headers
Exhaust
Computer reflash
cold air intake

EVENTUALLY! A supercharger. Won't be this year. MAYBE next year.

These are reasons why I'm here btw .

But anyway, I'm 23 years old, live right outside pittsburgh, work for UPS, drive a CTS-V and an Aurora, and I love both.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful Car Kevin. As far as the powder coating of the wheels, open up the phonebook and call whatever nearby powdercoating places you have. See if they can do the lip like you want. If not, let them do the wheel flat black, and then tape it off and rattle bomb your lip.

Oh, and welcome to the site. Be cautious, this place makes you spend money.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I made an appointment for this week, I'm just going to get it done completely flat black. I found the name of my wheels today, and I guess it's a decent wheel, and i really do think it'll look good on this car flat black.

And, I'm all about spending money. Not wasting it. If I buy the wrong part, I wasted it. If I buy a great part, that's money well spent.