Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Just Another Internet Day Dreamer...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Another Internet Day Dreamer...

Hey All:

I'm sure you see it in every message board; I want to put a v8 in (your car here). Well, so do I! I've got some sick fetish with the bruit force sound and power that comes from an LSX. I've got a '79 Volvo 242 as my daily driver, '90 Mazda Miata for fun and a '92 Jeep Cherokee 2dr for hauling stuff, trips to the snow, dog, etc. etc. Combined, that's a total of 5.9L of engine...that just won't cut it! So, my internet day dream, LS9 in the Volvo, LS3 in the Miata and L92 for the Jeep...oh my!

Right now, I've got some sweet drivable projects; less the Jeep, who's engine's blown...I've gotta do something about that soon. The Volvo and Miata run strong, so I've been focusing my attention on brakes and suspension, in preparation for V8 power. I've been considering a motor swap for this summer, probably in the Volvo for starters. I know JTR makes a front brace for the SBC to bolt into. Would it over complicate things if I did an LT1 swap for now, to save a lot of money and upgrade to the LSX later? How complicated is the switch from an 80's-90's camaro v8 to the more modern LSX's?

In any case, that's why I'm hear...I've got a lot of V8 swap questions. Thanks for having me.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Go to the Conversions and Hybrids section.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids-28/
Old 05-31-2010, 02:17 AM

I believe this is what you were referring to...https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-cherokee.html

That's awesome to see someone else going for the LSX swap in an XJ. I really hope to start mine soon. The Novak conversion parts look good; I think I'll use their kit when I'm ready. I want to tackle suspension, brakes and axles first...I'm thinking of a Dana 30 front with a Dana 44 in the rear, and adjustable coil overs. The Miata and Volvo are getting dialed this summer; I might make the Jeep my winter project, rebuild a couple axles and get them in the tub with some fresh suspension parts.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:02 AM
11 Second Club

Just go straight for the LSX. Honestly, an LQ4 or 9 would be a nice substitute for an LS1.