Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Impala SS and vette owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impala SS and vette owner

Hello there. I have a 91 vette im trying to leave stock and low milage. It is a 91 with 20k on it that i have owned for 8 years. I got it from a guy in our local vette club and it has a huge amount of writen history including mods from chevy factory for series of 24hour races. I love it, but i want to start some mods to make a sleeper out of my impala and im kinda lost. Im not a tech wizard or anything and my experince comes from a 383 build when younger and work on dirt bikes i have done so i was wondering if i could get a starting place and a recomendation of bolt on mods that i wouldnt have to do any serious work to use...im not looking to turn out 12's but it would be nice to be more respectable then 14's. Also i probally looking for more on the highway performance or light to light depending on whats more recomended. Its a 06 impala SS with the 5.3 V8 in it. It does the whole switching to 4cyc mode but i dont really care for it(kinda sounds on in stock exhaust). It has
40k miles on it and its all stock for now. I know i can go and get a intake and exhaust and maybe a chip but i was wonder about maybe a LS6 intake swap and how hard it would be. Please any adivce is helpfull