Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Guy - Miata Swap! =)

Old 09-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy - Miata Swap! =)

Hey everybody!

I'm from Canada, and have patiently been researching my next project, here and on various other forums (obviously the Miata ones) : An LS engine in a Miata! I'd like to do that in an NB (1999-2005) chassis, but the exact engine is still in question.

Just wanted to say hi! I've been trolling the forums for a while, and will continue to do so for quite some time! My last project (daily driver : Full 07 STi swap in an 02 Impreza wagon) was researched for well over a year, and that's the way I like it. =)

I am still not sure if I want to go with a junkyard engine and rebuild it (keeping it stock), or going for a crate engine, or just do something cheap like an L33 and totally rebuild it with a cam, headwork and a tune. I'm looking for driveability and reliability.

Thanks in advance, I'm sure I'll find tons of info here; my few little searches have already yielded some pearls. Cheers to all!
Old 09-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Sounds like it's gonna be a sleeper, I went for a different Mazda for my ls1 swap
Old 09-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Cool

I just found a ls2 for my 90 NA chassis. This one is my 4th in 15 years of miatas. You can't really go wrong with any lsx, l33 has been done with great results and saves quiet a few bucks. I couldn't use a truck motor since I'm trying to be CA legal.

Good luck!

Search this Thread