Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

10.3 on 3.0 liter, Now thinking of going LM7

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 12:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 10.3 on 3.0 liter, Now thinking of going LM7

Hey guys, I'm a 300zx guy and have done pretty good with the VG30 engine running a 10.3 @ 135mph Using a Borg Warner 75mm turbo and my own custom parts. However, It seems I am constantly finding the weak points of these cars.

This being said, I am thinking of switching over to the tried and true LS/LQ/LM platform. From what I am finding the LQ engines can be a little difficult to come by compared to that of say the 5.3 liter LM7.

I had a few basic questions and I will be searching heavily on all of this stuff also.

What blocks mate with what heads?
What cams fit what blocks?
What are weak points of the engines?

What I think I would be doing is going with an LM7 and keeping the Aluminum heads but doing head work to them. Doing ARP rod bolts and head studs. Other than that, it is my understanding that these engines can handle upwards of 800-900whp when boosted? Is this NOT the case?

Thanks for the input guys, I have a very good understanding of engine's but my actual LS knowledge is lacking.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AH HA! I found out what you're doing!!! I was sad to see you getting rid of the 3 litre stuff, but this is a good reason, to me anyway. I won't tell anyone I saw you here if you don't tell anyone I was here to see you.....
I know jack about anything outside an ls-whatever motor......