Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Service engine light problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service engine light problems

I have a 2002 Camaro withe a Pro 1 super charger and a Diablo tuner for the Procharger. I bought this car from a fellow GI that new nothing about cars. The problem I am having is the service engine light always comes on and the car does not run correct. The trouble codes that come up are: misfire code, running lean code, a/c circuit code. I clear all the codes and when I take the car for a ride the service engine light comes back on and the car runs like crap. I contacted Diablo and they said I need a custom tune and told me to contact Procharger. I contacted Pro charger and they said I need to see a dealer and get the car on a dyno. The problem is that I am a GI stationed in Brussels Belgium and they know nothing about American muscle here. I took my car to a Opel/GM dealere here and they told me the exact same thing the tuner tells me and said they cannot fix my car because it is not factory. Any help would be appreciated.

Blaine
Old 10-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Launching!

Your going to have to find someone/some place with a little bit of lsx knowledge in that country, or else diagnose it from there with someone in the US, and possible send your computer over here to get looked at/base tune from any information you can give about the engine and boost setup. (Assuming everything else is sound and that just the tune or minor maintenance is involved.)
Old 10-07-2010, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what, did your friend just install the Procharger without having any tune work done to the PCM? Of course you are going to run lean, you are cramming that extra air in there and doing nothing with the fuel system. You need to find out if he had any tuning done. If not, you might be better off taking the Procharger off and turning it back to stock, then see if the problem goes away. Then when you get back to the States reinstall it if you'd like......that's what I would do.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:31 AM
Teching In

The car was tuned when the procharger was installed but he some how erased the custom tune from the programer. I contacted Diablo and they could not help me so ther referred me to procharger. I spoke to them and they referred me to procharger dealers in Europe who do not answer there emails. How hard is it to get a program down loaded to the Diablo?
Old 10-13-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

An option would be a mail-order tune. It would be far from perfect, but it could possibly get rid of the SES light and give you some driveability. A full dyno-tune is probably in order to really fix the issues. Good luck.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Z Fury
An option would be a mail-order tune. It would be far from perfect, but it could possibly get rid of the SES light and give you some driveability. A full dyno-tune is probably in order to really fix the issues. Good luck.
x2