Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Guy - Help Me Win a trip to Skip Barber!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy - Help Me Win a trip to Skip Barber!

Hi, my name's Chad, I am a student at UConn, and I have a 1978 Chevy Malibu with a BBC 496. I am currently helping my dad and brother on a 1983 Monte SS / LQ4 build. (Monte83 on here)

So first of all, I'm not a spammer lol, I just didn't want my brother to have to post this...

I've entered my malibu into the 'Texaco Car of the Decades' online car show. The grand prize is a trip to Skip Barber Driving School, and I'm trading blows with a stock VW beetle for the top spot overall.

So please, if you have time, vote for me! The registration takes a minute, and you can choose to not hear from Texaco ever again. If you have more than one email, you can vote once per email.

But the main story is that this was a father-son build for the past 7 years, its been a show car for the past few years, and we just took it to the track for the first time this past weeked. I was still learning, so the runs aren't anything too impressive, but there is a lot of potential in this car. Just have to settle some suspension issues to fix its launch problems. Not to mention I have some driver issues to correct as well.

But here's a link to the show, please vote!!!

http://www.texacocarofthedecades.com/Default.aspx

And the car:

My first dyno graph, hoping to step this up with a little headwork this winter...

Last edited by deja-bu; 10-19-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C'mon guys, don't let me lose to a VW!

If I posted a picture of the LS engine sitting in my garage would it prove anything? Haha. Victor jr intake, L92 heads, GMPP cast valve covers... Haven't really started accumulating much in the way of parts yet, but it'll get there.