Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

newbie, LT1 driver considering an LS1

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie, LT1 driver considering an LS1

Hi...So I am 22, new here from San Diego and daily drive a '96 9c1 Caprice with an LT1 that has just under 90k miles...I really like my Caprice and its in really clean condition for being an ex police car but most of the time its just me and maybe one other person riding in it. Also, it doesn't fit in my garage so I'm wanting something smaller as I don't need such a big car. Lately I've been wanting to get a 98-01 z28 Camaro, but had some questions and concerns first....Would I notice a big difference in fuel economy from driving my 9c1? I don't want to get something that gets worse gas mileage than my already thirsty LT1. Fuel economy and high insurance premiums are my 2 biggest concerns. I figured the LS1 would get slightly better mileage as its not pushing as heavy of a car and is a much lighter more modern motor but I do realize an LS1 would always require premium. My other question was if any F-bodies came with a true dual exhaust from the factory like my caprice? Also if I could just get some input from daily driven z28 owners and how they like it. I've never owned an F-body but always wanted to. If I can't find a good deal I'll just keep the Caprice. Thanks for reading.