Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

My new 1998 Z28 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new 1998 Z28 Camaro

Hi guys,

I recently bought a 1998 z28 LS1 5.7 Chevy Camaro.

Here are the mods that came on the car:

LS6 Intake
Proffesional Products 85mm TB
TSP Ported LS6 Oil Pump
TSP Magic Stick 3 Cam
TSP Harden Pushrods
PRC Valve Springs & Retainers
Corvette Rims with M/T (26x11.50-17LT) ET Radials
NOS "power shot" system setup with 125hp shot.
Stock Heads,
Stock Headers
Flow Master Muffler
Stock 4L60E
2800 Stall Converter
Stock Rear End

The car best time when i got it & when the previus owner had it was 7.835 in the 1/8th with full interior, A/C ect. It was a true daily street driven car.

I decided to do full drag with it so then i started doing some weight reduction, complete interior went "all seats, carpet, platics, speakers, radio, complete A/C system ect. It only has one Racing seat installed now "driver seat", I went a head a did a home style Air Ram system with two 6" flex from the 2 inlet holes in the bumper behind the front grill, I upgraded the power shot solenoids to "pro race" i'm now jetted & runing a 175shot, i got the car retune with EFI Live for 104 Race Fuel, & the car with the stock heads, Headers ect runs a consistant 6.803 in the 1/8th with a best 60' of 1.589.

I'm looking on getting a hold of TSP 1-7/8" Long Tube Headers & their X Pipe with TSP Bullet Mufflers, & PRC 225cc Heads with the MS4 cam. thoose are my next upgrades, for now i want to keep doing some weight deduction, change out all the glass with Lexan glass, Fiber Glass hood, doors & trunk ect. My LS1 Motor Plate just got here form Race Craft so in the weekend i couldnt start looking into putting in the new Tubular K-member with Lower & Upper Tubular Control Arms, Manual Rack & Pinion ect. Looking to hit 6.7/6.6 after the weight reduction & before any future motor upgrades.

if you guys have any input please shine in!... Thanks!
Old 12-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Here are some pics of the car:

Old 12-02-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Seems like a solid car, but I personally would put an slp grill and get rid of that skull up front. Good luck to you though and it is a good pick up!