Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hi from Kuwait!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hi from Kuwait!

Hey everyone,

New to the site since I started looking at Camaros for when my deployment ends in a few months and I come back home to Tucson, Arizona. I'm buying a 2002 Z28 from a member here, and I can't wait to drive it when I get back.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Launching!

Hi,
i want to wish you a merry christmas and happy new year......... We appreciate your service to our country.may god bless and keep you safe is my prayers.....
Psalm:121
jim
Old 12-23-2010, 07:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Jeremy, I'm new here also. You're gonna have a blast in that Camaro! How's the weather there? I'm in Kabul, and it's freakin cold! I bet your enjoying the cool of the Kuwaiti winter though. Did you get any pics of the Caprice's and Lumina's Chevy sells there?
Old 12-23-2010, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

I'm pretty excited about the car It's pretty chilly out here, but it's not so bad, I work in the DFAC so I don't get outside at all. They don't even let me off the post, I've asked and tried to go on missions, but they don't want me to lol. Are the Caprices and Luminas different out here? I haven't seen anything except for the Camrys, Hiluxes, and Tahoes driving around base.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

Welcome to the site and thanks for your service.Happy holidays. Thanks and merry christmas(happy hanukkha,kwanza,whatever you celebrate) to all our soldiers.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JeremyKrauss
I'm pretty excited about the car It's pretty chilly out here, but it's not so bad, I work in the DFAC so I don't get outside at all. They don't even let me off the post, I've asked and tried to go on missions, but they don't want me to lol. Are the Caprices and Luminas different out here? I haven't seen anything except for the Camrys, Hiluxes, and Tahoes driving around base.
That sucks you can't go on missions. But at least you're safe on base and you are busy in the DFAC, time goes so much faster when you're busy. I tell you what the DFAC here is a UN KBR DFAC and it sucks *****! I could go for some good old American food. I miss red meat! Ugh.

The Lumina is like a Chevy G8, the Caprice is like the new Chevy PPV that GM is starting to sell stateside. They are the cars that I would be buying if GM had them for retail in the U.S.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome to the site!

Thanks for your service too! Stay safe, and have fun with the Z28!
Old 12-24-2010, 03:13 AM
On The Tree

Funny thing about the DFAC here, it's supposed to be the highest rated DFAC in Kuwait. The contractors who work here are all from India or Bangladesh, but they put a lot of effort into their work. They've actually got ice sculptures and a fountain set up inside for Christmas, and I'm excited to see what they've prepared.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:27 AM
TECH Addict

Funny thing about the DFAC here, it's supposed to be the highest rated DFAC in Kuwait. The contractors who work here are all from India or Bangladesh, but they put a lot of effort into their work. They've actually got ice sculptures and a fountain set up inside for Christmas, and I'm excited to see what they've prepared.
Shri Lanka night ROCKS. Them Indian's (dot's not feathers) sure know how to brew up some curry!

Any plans for the Z28?
Old 12-24-2010, 08:17 AM
TECH Regular

Welcome to the site from Saudi Arabia ( Near by Kuwait ) ..

Alot of Kuwaity members around here .. search for alharbi or Pontiac SLP and meet them while you are in Q8
Old 12-24-2010, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

unfortunately, they've had some budget cuts out here, so they don't do indian night for the rest of us...but every now and then i'll go into the back and try some of the food that they cook up for themselves.

i've got a huge long wish list of what i'd like done to the car, but i'll wait til i get used to her first. i've never had a car this fast.

it would be nice to get out and meet members that are in kuwait, if they'd just let me off post. kuwaiti drivers though....lol some maniacs out there. almost makes me feel like i'm at home in arizona! haha
Old 12-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Hey everyone,

New to the site since I started looking at Camaros for when my deployment ends in a few months and I come back home to Tucson, Arizona. I'm buying a 2002 Z28 from a member here, and I can't wait to drive it when I get back.
welcome and thank you for defending our nation Prayers and best wishes from the southernLSX crew, i will go cut some dougnuts for you , maybe burn a few 16ths off my tires in respect for our military, My brother is USMC retired and fought in operation desert storm, thats sweet you can get online and chat with us,, be safe locked and loaded
Old 12-24-2010, 05:10 PM
11 Second Club

Default Merry Xmas...!!!

Thank you for your service. You have been working hard & you deserve that 2002 F-Body Car !

Im building a 1998 Camaro Pro street LS1 with a Mid West Chassis Rearend.
Look them up. ( Awesome Rearend). You are going to need that same rearend someday. 6 speeds are known for breaking the cheap factory rearend.

Merry Xmas & God Bless.....!! Chris