Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Guy Austin Tx

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy Austin Tx

whats up yall? i had a thread about lowering my 02 ws6. i wanted to get a little background info on myself.

im 21 from austin texas. i go to school at a&m in college station. ive had an 03 silverado ss for the past 3.5 years. it was a blast but needed a better gas guzzler. my truck was an 03 with LT's, custom grind comp, all Upgraded valvetrain etc... built tranny, headwork, the works.

just sold it this past friday to a guy for lower than i wanted. i turned around a bought a 2002 white ws6 m6 with 64000 original miles. it is stock except for hurst short throw, some aftermarket clutch (dont know which one) and z06 rims with 275/40/ 18 in the back and 17's in the front. having the pinion seal fixed and a few little things done to it. im about to get rid of the crappy y-pipe and crappy mids and replace it with all stainless. i will eventually be doing kooks or arh longtubes but it leaks. i mainly want to get rid of the cats and bad piping and without cats gonna get some nice codes thrown from the rear o2's so im looking for a good tuner that wont rape me in price in my area. i had charlie wheatley tune my truck in houston and he mainly does trucks. who is a good tuner that yall would recommend around me?

also, im about to do hid's because these bulbs suck major booty and i cant figure out the bulb number. is it H7? also, it looks like the factory bulb plug was cut and replaced with snap clips or something and i need to figure out how im gonna wire the ballasts with the harness kinda jerked around.

anyways sorry for the long rant guys

look forward to meeting new ppl and having some fun.

ps, i REALLLLLLLLY want to keep the car stock for a while besides redoing the exhaust. my good friend works for austin speed shop and will be doing the exhaust for dirt cheap so im not going to buy a pricey catback.

the front isnt as bad as it looks. i got lots of cow dung on the way home.

Last edited by rockinace6; 02-13-2011 at 10:54 PM. Reason: adding a pic
Old 02-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like it, minus the ricer bumper thing in the front.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
I like it, minus the ricer bumper thing in the front.
yea i didnt really notice it that much. i think ive seen ur car at some of the meets. used to be at 620, then best buy, now 620 and 183 i think. whos ur tuner?
Old 02-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rockinace6
yea i didnt really notice it that much. i think ive seen ur car at some of the meets. used to be at 620, then best buy, now 620 and 183 i think. whos ur tuner?
Yep, I'm usually always out at the meets. Brian @ Reckart Performance tuned my car, and did a great job. http://www.reckartperformancetuning.com/
Old 02-13-2011, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
Yep, I'm usually always out at the meets. Brian @ Reckart Performance tuned my car, and did a great job. http://www.reckartperformancetuning.com/
ill def take a look at him when i get ready. tony shepherd is my best friends first cousins husband. we helped kelly and tony move into their house in georgetown so ive seen his car as well. i went to high school with ricky (chevylee) and have known him for years.

where are the meets for the muscle cars rather than the damn ricers now a days?
Old 02-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Banned

ill def take a look at him when i get ready. tony shepherd is my best friends first cousins husband. we helped kelly and tony move into their house in georgetown so ive seen his car as well. i went to high school with ricky (chevylee) and have known him for years.

where are the meets for the muscle cars rather than the damn ricers now a days?
Join http://www.faststreetcars.com, that's our local board. You can get all the info for meets there. Tony's car is insane. I know chevylee too, his truck is slow, lol.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Teching In

haha yea rickys truck is slow, KINDA, i like his truck. it moves lol. for being n/a its fast as can be but its heavy. and i talked to tonys cousin (justin my friend and his wifes first cousin). that car is freakin sick. ill b in town a week from friday and probably make it to the meet. where is it now? still at 183 and 620?
Old 02-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Banned

haha yea rickys truck is slow, KINDA, i like his truck. it moves lol. for being n/a its fast as can be but its heavy. and i talked to tonys cousin (justin my friend and his wifes first cousin). that car is freakin sick. ill b in town a week from friday and probably make it to the meet. where is it now? still at 183 and 620?
The early meets are located here in this parking lot on Saturdays usually around 8PM. It's on 1431, right by schlotzkeys.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

I am in Austin also.. Live in Avery Ranch..

would love to meet up with yall sometime.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Teching In

i actually live in stone canyon about 3 mins from avery ranch. well my parents do at least. ill b in town a week from friday i believe.