Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from the midwest.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from the midwest.

Hey how is it going everyone?
Okay so might as well toss myself under the bus on this one ha...
I'm completely new to v8's in general...have owned a few, but never really with interest.
Just recently picked up a 1986 Trans Am. Stock TPI 305 with 131k miles. it looked half way decent and runs good and mostly needed something to drive.(My last car was an AWD eclipse that sadly I do miss)

A friend of mine had a turbo LQ4 car that was able to see out a few times and loved it. So it has me wanting to possibly try and do something with my platform.

He is the one who actually turned me to the forum for questions and great information. So I will most likely keep a lurker status for a short bit until I feel like I even know enough to talk on here lol.

I'm just not sure what I would like to do as far as setup or what's even considered a great platform. So the more I can learn the better! and any tips or advice is going to have notes taken as I'm all too new at this.

Sorry I don't have any pics to post of the car right off the bat... There all on my HD at home. I will post them up in the AM and look forward to browsing around here.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Teching In

welcome, where in indiana are you from?
Old 02-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Teching In

The NE side of indy. Fortville/Lawrence area
Old 02-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Teching In

Okay so here are some pictures of it as it sits the other day nice and dirty...It has been at a body shop and just got it back, haven't had a chance to clean it up yet.

Like I said this in my first possible v8 project...not sure if I want this as a base or maybe something newer. All I know is I'd like to do something LSX powered ha

Search this Thread