Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

AZ newbie

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AZ newbie

wanted to break the ice and say hello. i originally started thinking of the ls swap into my 68 firebird, but...... daughter got to be 16 and wanted a car. handed her the local trade paper and she was picking out chevelles, camaros, novas, all the old muscle cars. sooooo...... found her a beater 72 nova w/factory air. got it running and she even works on it. soooo.... here i am learning about ls swaps. bought a 06 5.3, ported heads, ported ls1 intake, ported throttle body, cam, and arp rod bolts. expect about 375 at crank and a 4l60e. i will start a build thread soon. daughter made me promise to have it done by senior year (junior now) so she can show all the boys with those "pretenda car" (i.e. civic, etc.) how to smoke the tires. yeah must have done something right. thank you all for the advice and help in advance.
thanks
wade
Old 02-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Banned

Sounds like my kinda girl! I used to roll up to school in my Dad's company C6 Z06 when I was on my learner's permit

Now I can't get any of the boys to race me in my Z lol

Welcome to the site!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Launching!

my first car was a 69 elcamino with a roller 427 and stalled th400. too much car for a 16 yr old. but man did it get the girls. but it still wasn't the fastest in our school. couple of cars beat it. god i hope she drives calmer than i did. lots of scary thoughts just raced through my head. man i should've bought her a I6!!! there was a girl at our school with a mid 70's vette. she raced it on prom night. she ran it hard but wasn't fast enough. she had the right attitude though.

Last edited by ls68firebird; 02-24-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Welcome.. I too enjoy smacking around minute ricers. Even though I use to be one (first car was 300zxTT). :hangs head in shame:

Here's a link to a great write up, if you need any help. Best thing about this site is; if you're thinking about doing it. Someone's already done it.. twice.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...de-1500-a.html
Old 02-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Launching!

thank you for the info. i have done more reading in the last month than i did all through high school. you are right about something already being done. Once i read the sticky on the search option, that helped a LOT. this has to be one of the most informative sites i've found. not all just $$$ conversions, but a lot of homegrown solutions with some really high tech info too.