Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Return of the Jedi

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Return of the Jedi

Hi guys. Brand new to the forum but a returning gen III guy!

Before college I lived in Brazil for a couple of years. When I got home, I bought an 95 LT1 trans am, didn't feel like building the LT1 so I sold it and bought a 1999 WS6 6 speed. I loved it! As I began to mod it, I realized that much money is involved in the power makers and for a college student, I couldn't make it work with my goal of no student loans, so I sold it.

Out of college and still trying to avoid debt, I bought a car that I have always had the hots for: 95 Caprice 9c1. The car was in great shape at 130k on the dial and for $1k I couldn't pass it up!! I have since helped the asthetics and the suspension a bit:

-removed the stock molding
-replaced resonators and mufflers with 40 series flows and dumps (just to hold me over until the swap>>>borla with electric cutouts
-replaced the wheels with 17" SS wheels
-replaced the carpet with New carpet from stockinteriors.com
-replaced seats with leather SS seats/console
-lowered on Eibachs and Bilsteins
-Kenwood h/u with BT and upgraded speakers and tweeters. (no subs yet, trying to do it right!)
-C3Fab Upper/Lower C/As to center the rear wheels to the wheel well (not in pictures)
-stock sways for now but prepping for Hollowed Hotchkis

However, I had managed to get back into an LT1. I know I can make some power out of the LT1s but since my TA, I had been infatuated with the LSX!

I just picked up an LQ4 and am planning on the following for the swap into my cappy:

-cam
-springs
-roller rockers
-long tubes
-LS1 Intake
-Tune
-03 4l60e built to handle the added hp
-Yank TC 2800 stall
-Eaton Posi

That should do it for my first-job-out-of-college budget as I know that this is not a cheap swap.

That's it. I am here to learn as much as I can

Old 03-24-2011, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

welcome! nice car! i wanna do a lq4/9 swap into my ta
Old 03-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Thanks!

I have always loved those TAs! This one was mine...I still miss her! It's the black one. the silver one is super clean and it is my friend Mahanri's ride.