Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from Ohio!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Ohio!!

My names Heather, live in good old ohio, directly inbetween dayton and cincinnati, I am completely crazy about cars and bikes, I work for chevy but I hated gm cars(until now), I turned 25 on the 9th of march and decided I was going to buy myself a new car!

Cars I was considering were 05/06 gto and 03/04 cobra.... For many reason I have loved the 03/04 cobra since the day it was released, but in the end cobras are hard to find and expensive even after 8 years, they are still going for 21k and I wasnt in the mood to spend 21k on a supercharged v8 with 397hp.. So the 6.0l gto sounded like a better options to me, not to mention I LOVE the rearend of the 05-06 gtos.The gto was the decision and after a month of looking found one that seemed to be a good fit!

Left Cincy, Ohio yesterday at 12:30(OH time) got to the dealer in Chicago around 5pm(IL time) so after a 5 and a 1/2 hour drive we got to the dealer, test drove the gto(I LOVED IT), sat at the dealer for another hour, got the go ahead to take the car home, Ate at Nancys Pizza which was awesome, and started our trip home around 8:30(IL time). Needless to say from chicago to Indianapolis it took us a good 3.5-4 hours due to the beloved snow I hate so much, two pit stops for the srt-4(gas guzzler), and got home around 4:30am(OH time). So all of this nonsense for a 2005 Black Gto with 46k miles and after haggling and putting a lil cash down got the car for $13,425, which in my mind was a good priced compared to others with same mileage I had been looking for.

Cars I have had:
99 Mustang GT-auto/it sucked
98 Eclipse RS- bad decision
05 white srt-4- totalled by some kid who cant tell between red and green
05 red srt-4- killed the poor thing at the track!
05 Comm. Edition srt-4- Still have her 126k miles and running strong w/300hp(b/f DD)
05 Evo VIII- Sold, wasnt what I expected
05 GTO- My new project and DD
??- Looking for a winter beater, god knows the gto will be a beast to keep under control

The one con of the gto- Was the silver stripes that were on the car were cracked and not taken car of at all, so i had the stripes removed and now looking for a good paint shop to fix the problem areas!

Heres soime pics, pics are crappy due to ohios rainy, cold and cloudy weather. New ones are in order very soon!! Thanks and hope to learn alot!!

fueling her up for the 318mile trip home(318 miles I only used 3/4 tank of gas)

My Daughter loves the car!

Gto and the Comm. SRT-4

I just like this

the goat and neon in better weather

No more Stripes

Vanity Plates
Old 03-27-2011, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

https://ls1tech.com/forums/groups/ohio-lsx.html
feel free to join the group..1st event is a dyno day April 23rd in Columbus
Old 03-27-2011, 06:41 PM

Buckeye goats mentioned that event and ill be going!!
Old 03-27-2011, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the site fellow Ohioan. All sorts of good info here for sure.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:57 PM

Thanks!! Sweetbone, love your t/a!!