Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New From Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 07:27 AM
BTM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New From Ohio

well im new to the forum, and everything lsx related, so i figured i would make a first post to introduce myself.

i have a 91 Nissan 240sx, which currently has a highly modified 450+hp SR20 engine in it. it has a t3/t67 turbo and is fully built and bla bla bla. who cares, im taking it out and putting an LS1 into it.

actually i am going to be picking up my sl1 dropout tonight. its an 04 gto ls1 bottom end, gto ls2 heads, ls6 intake, and some bolt ons. i think im going to want to at least do a camshaft upgrade, and possibly port the heads before the engine makes its way into the car.

i would like to get 400-450 reliable HP n/a. i think i have a good start to get there, and i hope this foum can help me out with my swap and any lsx info that i need along the way.

so, if i say something dumb in a post please correct me kindly. thanks fellas.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome fellow buckeye.
There is a wealth of info here.
Using the search function will
help you navigate and gain the
knowledge you seek.
Good luck with your LS transplant.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:23 PM
BTM
Teching In

is there something that would limit me from posting in the classifieds section? post count or something?
Old 07-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Boost it!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BTM
is there something that would limit me from posting in the classifieds section? post count or something?
You need 6 months of memberships and/or 50 posts in your post count. Post counts are disabled in certain forums, like this introduction sections, multimedia section (I think) and a few scattered ones.

Using "off the shelf" H/C/I can easily get you to 450 RWHP N/A. #s in my sig are through a catted Y and Catback and the FAST 90 intake which was the best at the time. I've added true dual exhaust and the newest intake is now a FAST 102. I see no problem hitting your goal. The "Conversions and Hybrids" forum will be your friend through your transplant. Welcome from another Ohioan!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:16 PM
BTM
Teching In

the prc 2.5 5.3 heads with good cam and bolt ons seem to be a good setup to hit 450. good bang for the buck also.

its hard for me to find reasons to make useful posts on this forum, becuase i can generally search for the information i need rather than make new threads. i dont want to ask little questions and get the "search, newb!" replys lol.

obbie, im swapping out a 460hp boosted engine. i have never had a fun NA or spray car, so im going to explore those routes for a while just to get into something different.