Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

a dingo has got my baby

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up a dingo has got my baby

Hey everyone, Im Simon....a newbie here from Aussieland.

No expert.. just a lover of most things that involve wheels and HP.

Like alott ppl.... im here seeking knowledge, advise and solutions.

After a long spell driving trucks etc and an even longer stretch from owning any tuff toys (setting up my excavation company took most of my time and money) Im finally back behind the wheel of something capable of doing over 80mph.

I'll post a pic of my latest ride when Im allowed... till then you can check it on video (Torques Cheep) at youtube if you want to under this same ID (cheeptorque).

I have a few questions to ask you all regarding my first dyno run....as the new owner of this vehicle (sadly a mere 285rwkw/380rwhp on a mainline dyno) but will seek the appropriate place to do so...when time allows.

Heres the engine build as per receipts recieved from the previous owner.

New Schwanke LS2 6.0ltr stroked to 6.7ltr (415ci), Eagle forged steel crank and internals, balanced, L92 decked and ported heads, Yella Terra roller rockers, XR275HR-12 Comp Cam, Rollmaster double row timing chain, Manley hardened push rods and double valve springs, 3 angle valve grind, mellings high volume oil pump, Holley 90mm throttle body, SS cold air induction, 3" twin exhaust. Mafless tune. Mal Wood close ratio 6 speed, 31 spline shaft, brass selectors, short shifter, strengthened tailshaft, 4.11 diff gears.

Sadly producing now only 285rwkw pessumably with the lesser camshaft. Previously dynoed by the previous owner at 320rwkw and 944nm of torque with a XE273HR comp cam (224/230-114lsa)

And since the closest strip is 3+ hrs away... I havent got and real numbers for you all yet.

I will post some queries I have later... but till then....any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Nice to meetcha all... and look forward to getting to know a bunch of ya's.

Simon.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:58 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to a new member from "down under".