Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Canadian Member

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New Canadian Member

Hey guys,

I just purchased my first fourth gen today, picking it up this weekend (importing it from the US). It's an '02 SS M6, red with black convertible top, chrome ZR1's, CME and black leather int. 18k miles, it's been kept in pristine condition by a fellow gearhead who just had too many projects on the go. I plan to keep it stock for a bit, I'm sure I'll get bit by the mod-bug eventually.

It feels good to finally be "in" the community, I've been lurking on this board since I was 13 years old. My previous car was a '89 RS, I figured it was time to move up.

Here are some of the pictures I have (credit goes to the last owner)

I look forward to continuing my enjoyment of this board.

Last edited by Spyke99; 05-03-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:00 PM

thats nice looks very clean
Old 05-08-2011, 08:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys, everything went well at the border so I'm just waiting on provincial and federal inspection before I get it registered. Still can't wipe the smile off my face from the drive back with it.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^Lol, that's how I felt with both my T/A purchases...perma grin Anyways, welcome to the wonderful world of lsx! Any mods in mind yet? If you don't have any desire right now, you probably will after a short while
Old 05-10-2011, 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

Nice ss!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oddwraith
^^^Lol, that's how I felt with both my T/A purchases...perma grin Anyways, welcome to the wonderful world of lsx! Any mods in mind yet? If you don't have any desire right now, you probably will after a short while
Nothing right away, once I get some cash built up I'll probably do shocks/springs, interior LEDs, lid/filter, and some other assorted exterior mods. Any suggestions?
Old 05-10-2011, 09:17 PM
10 Second Club

Welcome nice car.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

First suggestion is to hit up the stickies in this forum. It'll give you a good idea what mods you should start out with. It's easy to make dumbass mods on these cars that aren't planned and waste money. Ask me how I know lol. Lid, catback, tune (preferably dyno, if not custom w/ logs), headers (1 3/4 or 1 7/8 long tubes, mac mids , don't bother with shorties imo), ram air mod (free ram air, chris1313 etc etc. look 'em up), and ported throttle body. Don't waste money on maf, smooth bellows (imo) and look up "free mods" on here. Other than that, ls1tech is your friend so good luck
Old 05-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

And a welcome from the Netherlands, I just registered yesterday after months of reading all these fine posts here. So this weekend it is going to happen for you. Very nice, my lucky day is also coming up soon the 20th. Have fun reading and somebody should take pictures of your face the first time you turn the keys...and post them here.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oddwraith
First suggestion is to hit up the stickies in this forum. It'll give you a good idea what mods you should start out with. It's easy to make dumbass mods on these cars that aren't planned and waste money. Ask me how I know lol. Lid, catback, tune (preferably dyno, if not custom w/ logs), headers (1 3/4 or 1 7/8 long tubes, mac mids , don't bother with shorties imo), ram air mod (free ram air, chris1313 etc etc. look 'em up), and ported throttle body. Don't waste money on maf, smooth bellows (imo) and look up "free mods" on here. Other than that, ls1tech is your friend so good luck
Check when I joined the board I think I've read through just about every performance and appearance FAQ/Sticky on the site, I'm just having trouble figuring out what would look good on the car right now.

Originally Posted by NL_SLI_GT
And a welcome from the Netherlands, I just registered yesterday after months of reading all these fine posts here. So this weekend it is going to happen for you. Very nice, my lucky day is also coming up soon the 20th. Have fun reading and somebody should take pictures of your face the first time you turn the keys...and post them here.
Happened this past weekend actually, the car has been inspected and registered already. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've been enjoying mine!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spyke99
Check when I joined the board I think I've read through just about every performance and appearance FAQ/Sticky on the site, I'm just having trouble figuring out what would look good on the car right now.

Happened this past weekend actually, the car has been inspected and registered already. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've been enjoying mine!
I don't need to check when you joined the board, I already saw it. I was just giving you suggestions since you asked, and I didn't realize you only wanted to know what "looked good" on the car ? Other than exhaust (tips), rims, and paint...nothing imo .