Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New member from Texas

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 12:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from Texas

Hey there ya'll.

My name is Steve and I'm in the DFW area. I've lurked this board for years but always felt a little weird about registering because I've never had a LSx type vehicle, though I would like to get one.

I organize the Friday night meet here in the DFW area with some of the nicest, quickest cars around town and some damn good people.

I've currently have a 03 Azure Blue Mach I and a Magnum SRT8 as daily drivers. My current hobby car is a 98 Cobra with a full Terminator swap, but it is up for sale at the moment so I can purchase a new GT500. (See classifieds for ad if interested)

Anyways, I hope to have a few laughs and get to know some of you guys.

Keep it shiny side up!

Steve.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

welcome aboard tubby!!!!

hey man do i get to ride in the new GT500 once you get yours? I have only raced a couple beat them both but like to catch rides in ALL types fast cars and especially american muscle!
Old 05-06-2011, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum!
Old 05-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
welcome aboard tubby!!!!

hey man do i get to ride in the new GT500 once you get yours? I have only raced a couple beat them both but like to catch rides in ALL types fast cars and especially american muscle!
Of course Roy. Mine will be getting a 3.4 Whipple to make some silly torque. lol.

Question about the board -

Why isn't my post count going up? I've been posting, but my count is still stuck at one.

And why are my PM permissions seem to be missing?

I tried to look at the profiles of the newbie mods, but there is no option to message them to get some help?

Steve
Old 05-08-2011, 03:07 AM
Teching In

Welcome to the site
Old 05-08-2011, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kimura
Of course Roy. Mine will be getting a 3.4 Whipple to make some silly torque. lol.

Question about the board -

Why isn't my post count going up? I've been posting, but my count is still stuck at one.

And why are my PM permissions seem to be missing?

I tried to look at the profiles of the newbie mods, but there is no option to message them to get some help?

Steve
man i'm still puzzled about the damn post count I should have around 10k by now?? dude I don't really know lol i guess ask a mod? man welcome aboard and I hope to be out at one of your GTG's coming soon!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Teching In

I can't even PM a mod to ask questions. No option for PM's.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can't even PM a mod to ask questions. No option for PM's.
ok let me check for you broham!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:48 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,483 Likes on 1,067 Posts

This link should help to answer your questions:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-supp...questions.html

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Post Counter Not Working

We have disabled post count tracking in select forums. This will help reduce "post-whoring" and "free posts" from members trying to pump up their post counts.

We also have a 50 post minimum requirement (or 6 months membership) to post a new classified ad in the parts for sale forum. This was done to help reduce the potential of newly-registered scammers taking advantage of our members. Now they will have to post in the technical and racing forums to earn their post count, which may help turn them away.

Forums with disabled post-counting:

Introductions & Greetings
Signature Test Forum
Racer's Lounge
Multimedia Exchange
Street Racing & Kill Stories
All Classifieds Forums
All Regional Forums

Basically, if it isn't a technical forum, the posts do not count in it.
And as for classifieds access (also covered in the link above):

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
For Sale Forums - Posting Problems

Every registered user on LS1tech is now required to have a minimum of 50 posts, or a minimum of 6 months membership duration before they can gain the privilege of posting a NEW THREAD or REPLY in the Classifieds sections, or post FOR SALE ad (or REPLY with selling intent) in any section of the site. Post whoring (i.e. "cool, nice car, ..., sweet.....etc) to reach 50+ posts is not allowed. Post count will be reset to zero with or without any notification. If member is caught post whoring two times they will be banned.

Unfortunately, we've had to put this restriction on our site due to so many lurking scammers popping up and taking honest money. This restriction has helped to ring out a lot of the scammers looking to make a quick buck on our site. Posting for sale items in other forums to circumvent this rule is prohibited and the posts will be deleted.

After your 50th post, it takes a period of 24 hours to update your access to the classifieds forums. DO NOT make a post requesting instant access upon making your 50th post, the system is automated. The database updates certain records on a daily basis, it is not instantaneous. Any threads regarding this will be locked/ignored.

Please do not contact us asking to circumvent this 50 post rule. The system is automated and we do not make exceptions. We feel that the classifieds forums here are a privilege to contributing members, not a free service for new members.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
This link should help to answer your questions:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-supp...questions.html

And as for classifieds access (also covered in the link above):
Thank you for the clarification. Does this include the PM's as well?