Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello All

Old 05-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hello All

Greetings,

I am a long time reader, first time poster. This site has been great helping me with my Firebird over the years. Lots of great info on this site. Looking forward to learning even more about F-Bodies on these forums!

I have a 3800 and T5 equiped 1999 Firebird. I have fixed my DRLs with the Autotrix gaskets and lots of dielectric grease and installed LMC Truck headlights on my 'bird because on the advice on these forums.

I am currently crack proofing a pair of door panels I bought on eBay using the instructions from a link to a High Performance Pontiac article that I also found on this site. When I put them in, I'll have the Autotrix window fix wired in along with a new pair of Dorman motors. Hopefully, once that's done, I'll have great looking door panels with reliable windows for the first time since buying the car when I was in high school back in the summer of '07.

This fall I'll be putting in an LS1 and T56 from a 2002 Z28 into the 'bird and this site has been a great help for that as well! After using Google to search this site, I found that it looks like I'm going to want a 97-98 C5 LS1 fuel rail to make my fuel system a simple swap. Anyone happen to have one? After that I think I'll be set. I'll just need a k-member, radiator, throttle cable, clutch hydraulics, fuel pump, fuel regulator, front coil springs, front struts, and some hoses. Easy to find stuff. I already have an LS1 steering rack, steering coupler, speedometer, and pedals.

I hope that the LS1 from the Z28 wires up to my Firebird headlight motors simply. I remembered that difference between Z28s and Trans Ams after I got the engine. Whoops.

I'm a mechanical engineering student at Marquette in Milwaukee. I'm looking forward to attending stuff around the area once I join the LS1 ranks! Thanks LS1Tech for all of the help over the years.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a cool swap. Good luck.

Search this Thread