Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newb from VA w/ a 77 GMC stepper looking to put an LS engine in it.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb from VA w/ a 77 GMC stepper looking to put an LS engine in it.

I have perused this board for many years as a non-member, but now that I am becoming far more serious about getting and building an LS series engine for my 77 GMC step side, I figure it is time to register.

Here is a rendering of my vision for my truck and some of my plans for it. The one thing I desperately need to figure out is what engine and direction to go with it to get the 5-600 reliable, streetable HP I desire. I hope to figure that out with the help of the members of this board.

The rendering was done by Billy Fish, who did an awesome job bouncing ideas back and forth with me.

Some of the mods in it are:
-Custom painted 20" Coys with knock offs
-Shaved handles, stock mirrors, drip rails, side markers, stake holes.
-Smoothed tailgate w/ louvered Mar-K tailgate and Sir Michaels roll pan w/ iron cross lights
-Custom made grille using black mesh like the modern GMC trucks.
-Custom louvered hood.
-Clear turn signals
-Iron cross peep mirrors
-Side exit exhaust right in front of rear tires.
-Satin flat black paint with a matte metal flake lime green for the wheels and roof.
-Custom pinstriping

I am anxiously awaiting my Porterbuilt Stage 2 rear (a brand new product, I pre-ordered) to bring the *** down, but retain my bed floor. I also am awaiting my viair 480c dual pack, air tank and assorted fittings. It will all be ran into a VU4 accuair valve controlled by an AVS 7 switch controller until I can save up for the full accuair e-level management. It will also have Bell Tech front and rear sway bars and 3" drop spindles.

For now the 327 in it will get a tune up, but after the suspension/ body stuff is done, I plan to start building up an fuel injected LSx family engine to the tune of 5-600hp. I haven't exactly figured out what engine or how I will build it to get there, but I know the end goal. It will most likely be a bored and built junkyard engine with new bits and pieces. I will also keep it manual, probably a six speed.

I don't expect a sports car but a fun driver truck is my main intention.

Search this Thread