Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Returning Member

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 02:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Returning Member

Hi guys, I was a member 5 years ago but I sold my 99 Z28 and beenaway fora while. I then had a 97 C5 Vette for a year.(this is the best car I've owned by a long way) Then I had no American car for a year. Next I was put onto the where abouts of a 67 Firebird convertable 326 V8 auto which was a bargain.

I always wanted to own a first gen F/body so I bought it spent some time and money doing it up. I had that for the last two years. I could not get on with the poor driving experience the lack of extras and constant breakdowns compared to my last two LS1 powered cars so I wanted to go back to one.

I got this 98 Trans Am just over a week ago and I love it. I am in the UK and this is my 12th plus 1 American car it's an A4 with a WS6 hood and an SLP air lid and Torque thrust II wheels. I am into Drag racing been into Ammerican cars for longer than I care to remember. Don't think I will ever bother with a classsics again give me ABS cruise A/C anyday over crap steering crap brakes and breakdowns.

Sorry if I offended any Classic car owners they look nice but you can't beat the modern day muscle cars for being a bit easier to live with!

In case anyones wondering why I am a member here the knowledge base for these cars is limited in the UK and if you want to find out what's up with your car or what mod to do this is the place!

Old 07-20-2011, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome! very clean ws6.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:22 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks for thw welcome And the comment on my car, but I have to put my hands to the WS6 bit as iit's a Trans Am with a WS6 hood & badge, All done by the previous owner. It does not have the RPO code for a WS6

The hood is Fibre Glass. Are the real WS6 hoods plastic?
Old 07-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Hey thats ok if its not a real WS6. It sure looks great! And im sure that car turns some heads when your cruising aroundi n the UK huh? Brilliant find my friend!
Old 07-22-2011, 01:19 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by StealthWeaponLS1
Hey thats ok if its not a real WS6. It sure looks great! And im sure that car turns some heads when your cruising aroundi n the UK huh? Brilliant find my friend!
Thanks for that, It does turn some heads. Not as much as the 97 C5 Vette did about 50% of people in their cars on the road side would look at it. Not a car for a shy retiring violets!.

The 99 Z28 not many people would look at that! I going to swear now I think they thought in was a Japanese import!