Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

North Dakota Representing

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default North Dakota Representing

Hey everyone. My name is Danielle, but friends and family call me Dani or Nellie. I’m happy to say that I recently purchased a stock 2000 Camaro SS with 63k miles. It’s an A4, T-Top, with Corvette rims – 18” front, 19” rear.

I enjoy working on cars, but haven’t had the means to for some time until recently. I’ve done various basic car repairs on my own in the past when I’ve had time, but I really don’t know jack about car repairs and modifications. I want to learn more.

Already, I want my Camaro to go faster than it currently can, so I’m glad I found LS1Tech. There seems to be lots of knowledgeable people here and great information to learn from. I’ve read through lots of great threads about mods, and haven’t fully decided what mods and upgrades I want to do in what order. I’d love to read any tips or suggestions you have for modifying my car.

I moved to the FM area about 2 years ago. I’m still hoping to find some new friends locally that I can meet up with for car stuff. My current friends (males included) are clueless when it comes to cars. It’s a little depressing. Also, if anyone is familiar with the FM area, do you know where I can find a dyno? Thanks!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Welcome, and get that thing lowered ASAP!!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Welcome to the BEST ls website...everything you need is on here for info
Sweet lookin' ride..love the vette wheels, just need to drop the wheelwell
on the tire about 2-2.5" and she'll be sittin' right. Where did you move from?
Old 07-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Thanks! Yeah, it’s on my list-o-things-to-do for this season. The previous owner thought the car looked pretty fly and was convinced the car didn't need any work.

Since I've had the car the past couple weeks, I’ve done an oil change, coolant flush, and fuel filter. There was a bit of a miss fire occurring, which ended up being the plug wires. The next few things on my to-do-list are a bigger alternator with the Big 3 upgrade, a transmission flush, brakes, then tires. The cheap stock replacement alternator the previous owner had installed is on its way out the door. So, one thing at a time.

I moved here from St. Cloud, MN. Went to college there.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Go Bison!
Old 07-24-2011, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RCKTGRL
Thanks! Yeah, it’s on my list-o-things-to-do for this season. The previous owner thought the car looked pretty fly and was convinced the car didn't need any work.

Since I've had the car the past couple weeks, I’ve done an oil change, coolant flush, and fuel filter. There was a bit of a miss fire occurring, which ended up being the plug wires. The next few things on my to-do-list are a bigger alternator with the Big 3 upgrade, a transmission flush, brakes, then tires. The cheap stock replacement alternator the previous owner had installed is on its way out the door. So, one thing at a time.

I moved here from St. Cloud, MN. Went to college there.
Sounds like you have all your bases covered on bringin' the car up to your
standards....real cool, wierd that Fredonia is about 35 miles south of St.
Cloud, Wis.