Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

LS Wannabe: 350Z Roadster Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile LS Wannabe: 350Z Roadster Project

Hey there LS1Tech ....

I've been dying to do this swap for some time now. Recently, my VQ35 V-6 engine has given it's final notice. Haven't spent the time to find out what is the source of noise but honestly, it is the motivation I needed to get this project moving.

Here is the project car: This was taken by Killboy.com while I was going down the Dragon during ZdayZ 2011 in Tennessee. Yes, I am wearing a bio-hazard suit. LMAO.

I live in the western 'burbs of Detroit. (A city ranked 66 or 68 US cities, which really surprises me that there are two worse cities.) Drag racing is the thing to do up here so I avoid it like the plague. The Motor City is filled with muscle cars that rip 9 second ETs but can't make a turn to save their lives.

I really prefer canyon carving. (Not drifting.) Just a good spirited top-down blast through the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. ZdayZ is next May so I have the winter to gather cash, hide it from the wife and get the project completed before the snow melts.

I will definately use the search function and try to learn from all your postings. If you care to post up some words of wisdom regarding ideal setups, the place to go for engine/trans, parts to get, cam specs recommended, etc ... I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Brian (aka The Phreak)
Old 08-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Nice Z, I'm guessing you had an HR. I used to have a 06 & 07 Z. Great cars & a lot of guys now go with the LS2's.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Teching In

nice, i'd go with no less than an LS3 in that thing, not sure who has the best prices but Scoggin Dickey seems to be cheaper than a lot of other online sellers, from what i've seen. Get familiar with the different LS motors if you arent already, check out the GMPP Catalog, and see what you wanna go with.

I had a '04 Z, they're fun cars. Later got a '97 Camaro with an LT1 and planned to do an LS1 swap, sold it after realizing it would be better/easier to just get a cheap LS1 car and improve that with an LS3 swap. Only reason I mention it is because the LS1 will have to go somewhere, and I planned on putting in a Z as well, but rather in a 240/260/280Z, taking that to ZDayZ would be awesome. Anyway, hope your swap goes well and you get the info you need here, im sure you've been on HybridZ as well, if not check them out too
Old 08-02-2011, 11:55 AM
QTB
Teching In

Great to see another Z soon to be an LS car. I'm currently doing my 2006 350Z ls2 swap. Like SS wanna be mentioned if you can afford the additional cost an LS3 is a great way to go! See ya around.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Wow, keep us updated on the build.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

LSx 350z is my dream car. As for LS2 or LS3, meh I say save yourself some money and buy a 5.3 pullout for a fraction of the price, cam + supporting bolt-ons and you're looking at 375 whp easily through a 6 spd.

If it was a straight line car I'd say yeah, go bigger ..but for canyon carving where it's not all about power, I'd bet the 5.3 will be more than enough for what you're looking for.