Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy on the block

Old 09-23-2011, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy on the block

hey guys! please dont mind the user name, its been stuck with me from past forums so i keep with it. anyways im a newbie to the ls1 world as my previous genre of cars were old school imports. my first car was a gts corolla 1987, second was a 1972 datsun 510 4dr, third was a 1981 firebird(was a gift that was quickly sold), fourth was a 81 toyota cressida, fifth was a 91 240sx hatch, sixth was a 67 standard camaro believe it or not(project that i was to ambitious about) sold to pick up my seventh, a 94 impala ss which was also short lived sadly and now last but not least my one and only vechicle at this time a m6 2002 Camaro z28/SS in Blue.

ive been a lurker for a while since i bought my car about a month ago. only about two weeks owning the car the clutch went out. search the forums and found the idea of using an ls7 clutch appealing so i went with that. installed it with the ram alumn. flywheel with no slave shim and original hydraulics. pedal is low like everyone stated but i believe i know why. i havent gotten to it yet but i beleive that bleeding the hydraulics will do the trick. bleeding on the car but not with the pedal as the pedal doesnt utilize the full throw of the clutch master. i plan to disconnect the linkage from the pedal and some how pump the clutch master by hand, bottoming out the cylinder simulating a bench bleed.

so anyways thats where im at. im glad to be here and i honestly have to say is one of the nicer forums i frequent except the fact that site sponsers post not only to give advice but to advertise which i find amusing when rival sponsers go back and fourth throwing sales pitches. non the less they give advice so thats cool. but i do have a bone to pick with one site sponser so if theres a place to rant and give my review please direct me as it would benefit the ls1tech community. see ya later beetches

Search this Thread