Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hey guys! New to LS1.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hey guys! New to LS1.

Hey everyone! Just joined on here and this is my introduction! My name is Andrew Grimm, and I live in the boring city of Clarksville, Tennessee. I am only in high school, but I am all about cars, engines, and anything with a combination of both. I know a bit about the LS engines, but i can always learn more. Right now, I have really been looking into the LS1 and LS6. I am going to get a S14 240sx soon, because i am planning on swapping in a LS1 or LS6 after a few long years of saving up lol. If i had a choice between the LS1 or LS6 to swap it, i would probably choose the LS6. I am not fully sure why, but maybe i will be able to find out some of the pros and cons on each one on here! I have been reading a few write ups and build threads of the swaps and i am hoping there are more on here that i could read. I also have been looking around and places to buy the engine and mount kits. I was looking on gmperformanceparts.com and saw that i can buy a Crate motor LS6 on there for around $5,400. And since the LS1 from them is around $5,000, I think I would rather just pay that little bit extra for more of that power. When I do this swap, I am not really wanting to make crazy power like 550whp or anything, but i may put a mild cam on there and a tune. I also might drift occasionally with the swap, too. I have also been looking at the Fueledracing.com kits, https://www.fueledracing.com/product...php?itemID=285 but i have seen other kits. It will be a few years before i actually do this swap because i will have to be saving up alot of money, but that is why I am starting now. I want to know everything i will need to get, make, and what i would have to custom fabricate for this swap. Well, that is pretty much the end of it. Any advice, help, or just some info on all of this would be Great! Can't wait to get to learn more about this swap. Cya!

Last edited by Grimm199; 10-09-2011 at 05:42 AM.