Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

newbie from Ohio

Old 10-14-2011, 02:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie from Ohio

Hey everyone. Another GTO owner aboard. I have a 2004 barbados blue goat with all the appearances of an 06. It used to be owned by "Cool Hand Luke" on here. I bought it from him a little over a year ago (8/1/10). The new GTO was my dream car. They were coming out when I was just starting to drive and at the time my father was working at a pontiac dealership in Mansfield Ohio so I was fortunate to see quite a few of them on the lot. This also sucked because I wanted one so bad but at 16 couldn't afford it. Going into my 3rd year at Ohio State things had changed for the better and I had saved enough to buy my goat. Hoping to learn a little more about the LS1 on here. Right now the cars pretty much stock except for a stainless works cat back and all the 05 06 appearance parts, hood, rear bumper, split duals, tails, and the SAP spoiler. I also painted the brake calipers red and the carriers and rotor hubs black to clean them up and also added 1970 GTO decals on my rockers right in front of the rear wheels. When funds are right I want to do some engine work, heads, cam, intake, headers. Hoping to be in the 420 to 450 RWHP range but not sure what parts I want in order to get me there. I attached a pic of the goat. Glad to be on the site.
Attached Thumbnails newbie from Ohio-goat-pic.jpg  
Old 10-14-2011, 02:50 AM
11 Second Club

Welcome man, cars looks nice! You'll find a lot of f-bodies, vettes and some goats down here in Columbus. Do you drive the goat down to campus? There is plenty of people on here that can answer your questions concerning the LS1 and the search button is your friend!

You can also check our group out for ohio: https://ls1tech.com/forums/groups/ohio-lsx.html
Old 10-14-2011, 03:53 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome op, and nice ride, join ohio lsx, there is a bunch of great guys that would be more than happy to help ya out with your ride,
Old 10-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Teching In

Sounds great. No I don't bring the goat down on campus anymore. I had it down here last year and it got towed once. They did damage and wouldn't pay to fix. I found a muddy foot print on it once from someone kicking it and lastly it got broken into once at the end of the last school year. So I got an old ford ranger beater to drive back and forth to school. Gonna put the goat in storage for 6 months out of the year. Keep the miles low. Its at 30k right now.

Search this Thread