Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the site

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the site

I should have posted up about a year ago when I bought my car but I never got around to it. I am the proud owner of a beautiful '01 Camaro SS. I have to say it is one of the most enjoyable cars I've ever owned. I really wanted a six speed car, but when I drove this one(auto), I knew it was special. So I brought 'er home. Just to back up my suspisions I almost immediately had the car dyno'd with Lane Culver of Hinson Super cars in Lacy's Spring, AL. The car was literally box stock. We found a Lid laying around in his parts room and slapped it on for good measure. A few minutes later we were on the rollers and sure enough, it's a freak, lol. The car made two pulls. First pull, 353whp/364tq and the second pull yielded 352whp/366tq with the avg hp going up by 10. Either way, I look forward to any solid advice that maybe offered from the LS community and look forward to sharing my modding journey with you guys.

As is stands now, it has the factory optioned 3.23's, dealer installed installed SLP 3" catback, a Lid, no cats(lights turned off), and a recently installed Yank 2800..... Next mods i plan are longtubes, mid pipe and a tune with a cam to follow shortly after. It ran a best of 8.4 @ 86 w/ a 2.01 60' at the local 1/8th mile before the Yank. So, im hoping on a good tire and longtubes it will be in the mid-low 12's in the 1/4. Here's the only picture I have as of now....
Attached Thumbnails New to the site-0406111423.jpg  

Last edited by Slo1SS; 11-17-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man u need to check out tnrace.net
Old 11-20-2011, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking ss. Once you put on some long tubes that should help a lot with hp/tq numbers
12's shouldn't be hard to get on you get LT.