Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

new to ls1 world

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to ls1 world

Hey everyone I am new to the site ls1tech. Just thought I post and ask questions as well. I am starting to learn about the wonderfull world of ls1 engines. I am 19 years old and I am from san Jose California everyone can call me Ray. I love cars and am cutlrrently going to school to take my a1-a8. So I'm not fully educated but I can say I am learning and i love it. My favorite cars I would have to say are oldsmobile. I'm kind off a olds guy. I currently have a 1977 olds cutlass supreme,2dr hardtop, it is silver with firthorne interior and firthorne vinyl top. I just put in a new rebuilt 350 olds rocket and th350. Going to be getting a new paint job in Dec/jan. And interior will be redone in Feb or March. After that major stuff is done I will be saving up to hopefully buy a lq4/4l80e and drop into a 68-72 olds cutlass. And turn a old school into a fuel injected reliable daily driver!!!...

So I have a question where are the best places to look for lq4 engine swaps that have computer/harness and all? Anyone from or near san Jose and know good yards? Or any advice to where to look for these setups?

Thank you all and I look forward to learning as much as posible and thank everyone for the amazing info on this site to guide others. Happy thanksgiving and holidays to everyone, be safe.
-Ray
Old 11-24-2011, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

Welcome Ray! I'm from the other side of the US, so I can't help you with places to find LQ4's but the info at this site is amazing. I have only been around here for a few months and have learned a great deal from here! Good luck with your lQ4 build!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

Yea I've been reading a lot and there great info. I hope to at least by my lq4 next year when I'm done with my current project
Old 11-24-2011, 07:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Well at least i know I'm not the only 19 year old on Tech now lol. Welcome