Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Introduction & Question

Old 11-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction & Question

Hi my name is Adam, been using this site for a short time now, mostly for the tech. figured i would introduce myself and quit being an outcast. anyways i have been building a rock buggy for the last year. i decided to run an 04 5.3L simply for the reliability factor. your probably wondering why i didn't go the 5.7 or 6.0 route... well i bought the motor for less than you can buy candy bar now days. the motor has roughly 60k. i purchased the motor with no harness or ECU, so i quickly snagged up a 6.0 harness and ECU (cable drive). i have dissected the harness and removed all the wires i dont need. now comes the question: are there any folks here that can remove vats, emissions etc.. on the ECU that i have. i just can't justify spending the $100- $200 bones to send my ECU to someone just to remove vats & emissions. im hoping someone here can lead me in the right direction. anyways below are a couple pics of my project.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

why take the emissions off? i cant think of any codes that would affect driveability that would be caused by what you might lose. no transmission sensors affect driveability. smog pump and egr malfunctions wont affect it. vats is easy enough to bypass as a free mod. there's info on the net, including this site, that shows how to bypass it.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
why take the emissions off? i cant think of any codes that would affect driveability that would be caused by what you might lose. no transmission sensors affect driveability. smog pump and egr malfunctions wont affect it. vats is easy enough to bypass as a free mod. there's info on the net, including this site, that shows how to bypass it.

Awsome, thanks for the info. didn't know i could bypass vats so i will look into that. yup no trans. sensors, running th400. i plan on using the motor in stock form so i guess if you say egr etc...won't cause any problems, then i am good to go and will have an extra $100 in my pocket for cold beverages.

Search this Thread