Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

My intro & resurrection project

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My intro & resurrection project

Hello,

I'm somewhat a noob to the F-body community as I will be taking on the project that my stepfather started. He purchased an automatic 98 Trans Am several years ago from a dealership in Hamilton, OH. The dealership originally priced the car at $12,000. Knowing that the car had 102,000 miles on the odo. and that it had been at the dealer for several months, we went to work on the salesman. All in all, we left the dealer with the car, paying well under their asking price. The car was daily driven by Steve, 120 miles roundtrip to work and back everyday. He was very active in the local F-body scene and had big plans for the car. Unfortunately, he was involved in a fatal wreck in his TA in June of 2010. The car is damaged beyond repair, but I'm determined to buy another TA and continue his project.

The car has the following parts, from what I can remember:
Crate Ls6 - <5,000 miles
Crate T56 - ~50k miles
Moser 12 bolt w/ 4.11's - no idea mileage
Eibach front coilovers
Eibach rear springs & struts
Front & rear sways - brand ?
Pan-hard bar
Subframe connectors
Tubular K-member
Tubular A-arms
18x10.5, 17x9.5 wheels
Full exhaust, including longtubes

The car has several more interior and performance mods, but I'm not able to recall all of them.

I'll be lurking around doing some research, and looking for a roller/car to be the next project.

Fortunately, I've got a large garage w/ lift for this project:
Old 12-04-2011, 04:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

sorry to hear about your step-dad, but glad to hear you are carrying along the project. take lots of pics and write down as much as much as you can remember.

also, get plugged back in with the local f-body community. some of the older members may remember more details about the car that you dont.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
sorry to hear about your step-dad, but glad to hear you are carrying along the project. take lots of pics and write down as much as much as you can remember.

also, get plugged back in with the local f-body community. some of the older members may remember more details about the car that you dont.
I've already gotten back on the local f-body boards and gotten the list of mods that he did to the car. There's a couple members that helped him out a lot with the car and know more about it than I.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

you're on the right track then.