Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

hello from virginia

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello from virginia

Hello all I'm Chuck from southeast Virginia I just picked up a steal (1700) on an 01 Z 28, my 19th Camaro since my high school days back in the late 70s. I appreciate all the teachings from this great site of great people who have helped me put this new toy back together and get it running again. It's pretty sweet with several good mods already. Being an old motor head from the points and plugs and carbuerated eras, i previously shyed away from building modern e/pcm Camaros. Now, thanks to you guys and gals i'm having a blast. Just got my HPTuners setup and ready to jump into the thick of it too. Right now, my goal is to make it as fast or faster than my 10 second blue 80 in my sign and will be building a motor for it after the holidays. I hope that i can help others here in the future and look forward to making some new friends. I named this one BlackBartZ 'cause it's black, i live on Bart St, it'a a Z, and as legend has it, the original Black Bart robbed Wells Fargo and I expect this Z to do the same to my accounts there.

Last edited by BlackBartZ; 12-05-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Add photo, edits from cell phone.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Teching In

welcome and clean car
Old 12-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Default hello from virginia

Originally Posted by jdcws6
welcome and clean car

Thanks. It's got 79k mi on it, fairly clean with a couple of outstanding issues. Some of the good about it is: SLP FlowPac, SLP Pulley, TB Bypass, Pacesetter LT with sensor ext, catless ORY, Magnaflow Stainless, Spohn combo tunnel brace-safety loop-torque arm relocation mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm, Spohn adjustable STB, SS rims with Sumitomo HTR Z II rubber, Xentec lighting, poly bushings, MSD wires and TR55s, chrome rear end cover, unknown as yet rear gear set, also unknown orange/red stahl convertor that i suspect is aftermarket as well. The bad things remaining is an idling issue, a clunk in the rear, and.......wait for it...wait for it.....a broken starter mount :-( from that dreadful short bolt shoulda been a recall starter issue. I've had a single bolt in it now for about two months and it starts everyday but am working on a solution for it till spring time when it's getting a major upgrade. It starts everytime, runs and accelerates smooth and hard, and is flat out quick as heck with some way too early shift points set in it. I can't wait to get the few remaining issues resolved so i can license it and roll. Just working too much right now and need to put my toys on the back burner for the wife and kids for the holidays. Happy Holidays to all who read this one.

Last edited by BlackBartZ; 12-08-2011 at 06:45 PM.