Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally!

Well, I finally bought a LS1 car. A 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28 m6 Pewter in color with dark coth interior. Has only 67000 miles on it and I have never driven an LSX car ever in my life. I must admit to somthing. In my life time I have owed count "5" Mustangs. I have also owed two other camaros as well. This is by far the best thing I have ever driven in my life. i bought it for myself as a Xmas gift and it was only 8500 bucks lol. It already had the 10 spoke 17 inch rims with new tires too.

The first thing I did notice was I had a miss in the motor and one bulb on the turn signal was out and it had a stumble at 2500rpms. You ever hear a voice in the back ground that tells you that all you have to do is the basics and everything will work out lol. The stumble was caused by trash on the MAF screen. I simply cleaned it off and used a cotton swap on the small MAF sensers and cleaned the screen from trash and dirt. cleaned out the already installed K&N filter on the LS1 Motorsport lid and bam...the stumble was gone. The rough and miss on the motor was a simple find. Number 5 spark plug was not tight at all. It was so loose it was shaking on the head. I laughed and tightened it up and that fixed it.

As I drove the car after fixing all the simple BS....The car is insane. Spining wheels in first and in second and it even has stock gears. Round about 1500rpms at 70 in sixth damn that screams good gas milage.

The only problem I am having now is a vibration on the car. I also have wheel hop from the *** end even at 50 percent trottle. I did notice that the passenger rear shock is a different color than the driver rear one. Might have somthing to do with it. I also have a bad aligment issue but ill take it to the local shop and have that fixed. All in all I am happy with the new car. now all I have to do is name it lol and get a personalize plate for it.......
Old 12-25-2011, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Congrats and welcome to the LS1 family!!!
Old 12-26-2011, 01:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i used to think my stock ws6 was fast its all down hill from here my friend, welcome to "tech"