Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from MN with a Monte G-Body

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New guy from MN with a Monte G-Body

Hi all,

I've lurked here for the last year or so, gathering information in preparation for swapping an LS (5.3) into my Monte Carlo. I'm a draftsman by trade, but also do some gunsmithing and have crewed and driven asphalt short-track cars since 2003 or so. I grew up in my family's repair shop and used car dealership, so I've always been tinkering with something.

A little background, this is a car I've had for 10 years, bought it in 2001 or 2, when I was 15. I prepped and painted it with some help from my father, drove it until graduation in 2004, and parked it in the shed through college and the first few years of my career. It used to have a jacked up tail and 15x10's out back, looked pretty stupid. Now, I have a garage to keep it in, so it's out of storage and receiving the attention and updates it deserves.

Here it is now, after a little Pro-Touring update on the suspension, wheels, and brakes:

Here's the P-T.com thread with everything I've done since pulling it from storage this past spring:
http://www.pro-touring.com/showthrea...ghlight=bertha

I've now got a 5.3 for it, and will be covering that swap in a thread here. It will be fuel-injected, using a trimmed-up truck harness and underhood fuse block. Big thanks to everyone here for the knowledge available, this place is an unbelievable resource...

-matt

Last edited by monteboy84; 12-27-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ride. You're not far from me. Any mods to the motor planned?