Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from NY

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New from NY

Hey everyone. Just recently bought a 1995 Camaro LT1 6 speed. Lots of goodies where to start. Anyway im only 16 been into cars all my life. Favorite hobby is turning wrenches. MY dad got me into it when i was growing up because he was racing his 1967 Chevelle at the time. Back to the car. From receipts i have this is what i know about the car without taking it apart.

Bore and one .040 over
Radius and Polish crank
New cam bearings
Balance complete rotating assembly
Lt4 heads (flow tested have paper work but not really 100% sure what im looking at though)
LT4 intake
sealed power pistons .040
sealed power moly rings
clevite main bearings and rod bearings
Eagle I beam connecting rods
Heavy duty GM single roller timing set
Gm "Hot Cam" kit
Replacement GM crank
New oil pump
Hooker headers( i believe, someone took the tag off.)
Magnaflow exhaust headers back
Fidenza flywheel and spec clutch

Race ready built t56 synchros fork pads, seals all that good stuff. done by Rockland Standard Gear Inc.

Here is some pics tell me what you think. And its dropped an inch, Black c5 corvette wheels.

Its getting a little cold here so not the greatest pictures but you get the idea. More to come soon. oh yeah got it for 3500 off of an old family friend because hes having a baby with my own money. and now im broke because i cant afford insurance. lol

Old 01-06-2012, 01:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$3500...sounds like you did alright, kid. I'm only 21 now but when I was 16 I would have killed myself with that so be careful. With that being said...that should be a really fun car!!! Insurance is a bitch! Don't get in a wreck. TRY not to get tickets. If you do pay to get them fixed. It's more $$$ but worth it in the long run as your insurance rates won't increase. If you do those things your insurance will gradually go down. Have fun with it!
Old 01-06-2012, 02:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome...

...nice ride.