Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

first time owner and love it!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first time owner and love it!

whats up everyone, my name is Josh and i currently live in Shreveport LA but originally from Columbus, GA. im a SSgt in the Air Force and been in for six and a half years. i just bought my first Camaro today used. its a one owner 2002 ss with almost 110,000 on the clock.....and 100% original (unless what this guy says is true...). his wife drove the car for ten years back and forth to work and that's it! it looks like new on the inside, and the paint isn't to bad for an every day car. so, the car has the SLP intake/exhaust package (the 345 hp package from what im gathering). he also clams that the car was shipped to some place in CA after he bought it and it had some suspension, breaks, heads, and other upgrades installed. he is trying to get that information for me, so we shall see how that goes. i have extremely bad luck.... that's just my nature. on the way home tonight the check engine light came on....oh just what i want to see from a car i just bought! any who, stopped at an advance auto parts and hooked it up to a scanner and keep getting a link error. gonna try somewhere else this weekend. the old owner thinks he may not have put the gas cap on tight enough because he had just filled it up for me. im sure there will be a few things come up, like the noise coming from the rear that gets louder as i go faster....almost like a rear end bearing going out or something. i did notice that toward the rear of the drive shaft, which im guessing is inside of some sort of cover, where it goes into the chunk is very greasy looking. im wondering if the fluid level is low? any who, glad to be here and look forward to enjoying the car and the forum!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Teching In

i posted a photo of my SS and a couple of my Pontiac GT in my garage
Old 02-02-2012, 07:35 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its not 100 % stock if you can list mods done to it, all sounds like lil issues, welcome
Old 02-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
its not 100 % stock if you can list mods done to it, all sounds like lil issues, welcome
you mean the SS or the GT? the SS is original, and the GT is other than the exhaust. and i did get the scanner to work at auto zone yesterday and got a code for the AIR system....code P0410

Last edited by red_cap; 02-02-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by red_cap
he also clams that the car was shipped to some place in CA after he bought it and it had some suspension, breaks, heads, and other upgrades installed.
Originally Posted by red_cap
the SS is original
I'm confused, but welcome nonetheless
Old 02-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FiredUpZ28
I'm confused, but welcome nonetheless
its an original car unless what he says is true. he clams that it was modified by the dealer sending it to CA some place, but cant find any of the info he had on it.