Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New WS6 owner in Illinois

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New WS6 owner in Illinois

Yup, got my dream car. Black on black '01 M6 WS6. She's my third Firebird, I formerly owned a '91 Formula 350 and a '90 Trans Am. I have checked on here for some information the last few weeks and to be honest, this network of support within the LS1 community is amazing. I would like to become a part of it, if you will have me.

About my car:
Her name is Raven and shes' got 146k on the clock. She runs like a dream but bone-stock save for an after cat cut-out. I treat her real nice since she's my DD and I am getting 24-26 mpg on mixed roads. She's got a couple issues, mostly peeling paint, but also a faulty rear wheel speed sensor that is triggering my ABS light. The only other thing is that the stereo cuts out intermittently and I can't use the power windows til the radio returns...

Plans for the Bird
I have a couple pics of her on my profile garage which I would link ya too, if I weren't such a helpless noob lol. I've got some plans for the 'Bird but that is further in the future, for now the plan is TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT! I have limited mechanic skills but I am so thirsty to learn.

Why I'm Here
One of the reasons I want to become a member of this community is to learn from the collective wealth of experience and knowledge about these cars.

Another reason is because I am mechanically a rookie as well and if there are members who are willing to help me out, I am willing to compensate for their help! I am a web designer with 5 years experience so maybe that is a skill people need...I hear people need money too, lol. Also a possibility!

So here I am! I plan on attending the F-Body gathering in Atlanta this year, but sadly Raven likely won't make the trip unless she gets to the paint booth in a hurry. Give me a shout out on here and if you're going to be there I will look you up! It'll be my first so I expect it to be a blast!
Old 03-16-2012, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

in for pics. Put them up soon