Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to V8s

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to V8s

Hi all, been lurking on here for a while now, mainly in the for parts for sale section and going through the tech section, i figured i should introduce myself now.

My name is Simon and i'm currently building a car with an LS1. Like the title states im pretty new to LSx engines and V8s, usually build japanese inline 6s so this is pretty much all new for me. But so far its been pretty good especially pretty much all the info i need has already been covered and easy to find.

My car is a JZX90 Mark II and normally has a 1JZ twin turbo engine, but i decided to do something else with more power and throttle response, plus always wanted to drop a V8 in something but never got the chance.

i must say i am pretty excited to get this thing fired up as soon as i get all the parts i need to finish it.

thanks
Old 03-28-2012, 02:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results from an LS motor. What kind of power are you after? Welcome.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Teching In

to be honest im not really sure, this is actually my first RWD car too, the last car i built was a nissan skyline with a twin turbo'd RB30 that pushed 630awhp on a mustang dyno.

but the 1jz that was in the mark II originally had roughly 250rwhp, ya i know the bar wasn't set very high but it was still fun to drive. so i can only imagine with an LS1. when i got the engine the intake manifold was cracked so i ordered a FAST intake manifold with the 102mm throttle body.

I really have no idea what to expect haha.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:34 PM
12 Second Club

Welcome. Lots of god stuff in here.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's no reason you can't eclipse the 500 hp mark with a well thought out NA heads/cam setup. That'd be a great starting point

Last edited by MasterTomos; 03-28-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Teching In

still missing a few things though, coils and wires, Crank pulley, tensioners, ECU (just need the housing/casing) and a T56 LS1 Bellhousing. looking for stock OEM because im kind of a budget. if anyone knows of any please let me know im spending all day on the net looking for these parts in good condition. the worst part, a week ago they were all on ebay and my paypal was all messed up and i couldnt buy any of it, now its fixed and i havent seen any....