Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello all...F-Body owner for 8 years, new guy around here.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello all...F-Body owner for 8 years, new guy around here.

Hey everyone. I've been the proud owner of my 2002 Trans Am since 4th of July weekend 2004.

^How she looked around the time I bought her.

In 2005, I installed a set of Pacesetter longtubes and a Hooker catback. I put some Corvette replica wheels and some new tires on her. Never got around to tuning or any other mods after that.

Had some body work done in 2006 after a deer ran into the side of my car (yes...that's right). Had the side trim removed at that time.

I had a blowout on the highway in 2007, which took a chunk out of the rear bumper around the p/s wheel well.

^In late 2008.

^About a year ago.

This was my daily driver until early 2008 (just rolled over 89k miles), and then she spent most of the time (sadly) parked in front of my apartment. She'd developed an intermittent random misfire from a stopped up catalytic converter. I was getting ready to get her up and running again...then a bad hail storm rolled through my city in early 2009.

The hailstorm cracked the windshield, broke a taillight and my rear deck light, dented the quarter panels, and dented the hood. I got a check from the insurance company and sat on the money for a long time. In 2010, I started ordering some parts: new taillights, WS-6 hood, ram air intake box, MSD coil packs, coolant overflow tank (battery latch was broken), new top dash cover (had a crack in it since I bought it), and a new rear bumper.

After being parked in my garage for two years, then in the parking lot of my brother's shop for another year, I finally got her into the garage of my new house a few weeks ago and got to work on her.

^Removed hood and windshield.

^New windshield and top dash cover, and repainted cowls and w/s wiper arms.

^Cleaned + conditioned trim on t-tops.

^Tore engine down to the crankcase, unbolted K-member to drop oil pan.

^Took headers to a local powdercoat shop.

Built engine back up with PRC LS6 Stage 1 heads and a 220/220 114 LSA cam from Comp Cams, new oil pump + crank and cam sprockets (all ordered from Texas Speed and Performance), and LS7 lifters.

Here she is with the engine almost back together:

I'm still waiting for a set of new ARP header bolts that were allegedly a backorder item. When I called TX Speed today to ask about them, I was told they shipped today. Once I get the headers bolted up I'll put the plugs, coils, plug wires, and a fresh set of Bosch O2 sensors.

Next step will be a trip to a local exhaust shop to have a custom job done...I'm thinking a 3" diameter true dual system. Eventually I'll get her in to have a full paint and body job with the new hood and rear bumper...new tires, and finally have a tune to get her running right with all these new mods.

I'm looking forward to being a regular on here, and I'll post up pics -and maybe track times- when the car is all done.

Of course, I've got some spare parts lying around now...if anyone is interested, we can make some negotiations. See you around!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 133 Posts

That loks good!
Old 03-29-2012, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

good job and awesome come back,
make sure you get a hood
Old 03-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Teching In

I crossed my fingers and cranked the engine for the first time about an hour ago...good oil pressure, idles fine. Man, I'm stoked! Can't wait to get her to the exhaust shop and get that knocked out.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

welcome to ls1 tech
Old 03-29-2012, 10:52 PM
12 Second Club

Now that's modding - Welcome and awesome pics man!
Old 03-29-2012, 11:07 PM

welcome

Search this Thread