Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

My First F-bird

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My First F-bird

hey whats up everyone, Im pretty new to the ls1 scene. I recently had a jeep cherokee on a 3"lift on 33s. my Big bro had this car first, but completely let it go to crap in like two years. anyways he got a new car, and i took over this monster in order to re-build and repair his messups. anyways the only thing i'v done so far is replace all the burnt-out light bulbs, and replace the drivers side window motor. Im pretty handy when it comes to cars, the only thing is I know nothing about these cars.lol, i freakin love it, and I look forward to learning alot from this site.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to LS1Tech!
Good to hear you got a bird now
Old 04-04-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

awesome a bpm formula , i love it , looks like it needs a lot of tlc , first thing i would do once its running good is get a porter cable 7424xp and buff the car and see how good you can get the paint, you might be surprised . but awesome color , more pics and more details of it .
Old 04-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

I agree with ramair,if u can u should get a porter cable and buff the car and try to bring the paint back to life.My car sat up for 2 years before I got it and the paint was terrible,buffing and waxing made a huge difference.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Teching In

hey all thanks for the greetings and the compliments. Well as far as I know its bone stock, It has 126,667 on the clock. The only thing Im battling right now is a ses light for the o2 sensors, and wiring harness. And yea believe me it really does need some tlc. If you look closely on the image of the backside there is a sideswipe that came with the car.Im planning on selling a taurus i have for $1000 and getting the whole side redone( quoted me 600 for one side, and 1300 to repaint the whole car.) and btw that huge scratch in the first pic is from my bro's ex gf..lol.. and yea, so for iv rubbed the whole car with rubbing compound and it didnt do much, im gonna try waxing it maybe that'l bring out the shine.