Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello LS1 TECH

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello LS1 TECH

Hey,
Just wanted to introduce myself and my car. My name is Tim and I have a 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo. I am currently a B52 bomber crew chief for the USAF. Before the AF, I went to UTI in Orlando and then moved to Atlanta to work for an Infiniti dealership. Ive always been a Nissan guy but Im a fan of all things that go fast! My Z set up is stock long block with stock turbos and all the breather mods available. It puts down right around 400rwhp and 400rwtq. I plan of using this car for autoX and road course events. The stock engine set up is far too complicated to be reliably raced and too hard to fix in a pinch at the track. So Ive been talking with some friends, 1 guy has an LS1 in his FC RX7 and the other has a 99 TA, and they agree with a LS1 swap. Its been done before but most stray way from it because it does fit well unless you cut the trans tunnel and firewall. Luckily I have no AC or heat so I plan on cutting it to fit as far back and as low as possible. Goal is to keep it NA and get 425-450 rwhp from it through a T56. My curb weight should be under 3000lbs after this swap. Any suggestions of advice would be greatly appreciated. Im in the process of selling my current set up and should be looking fro a good engine and trans here soon. Thanks and good to meet you guys.

A video and a few pics of my Z vs a buddies 400rwhp 2011 mustang gt with intake exhaust and tune. Just got it running and slowly increased the boost in each run. The end of the second run I was going 170mph and still pulling when the mustang got on the brakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBpHV...eature=channel

http://s992.photobucket.com/albums/af50/timmaz300/

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]