Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from Upstate SC With Mild Pro-Touring '66 C10 Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Upstate SC With Mild Pro-Touring '66 C10 Build

Hey, I'm new here and new to LSx engines. I'm building a '66 C10 as a daily driver with mild pro-touring upgrades, there's a link in my signature to the build thread. I'm now in the planning stages for the engine, and I'm leaning towards building an aluminum block L33 5.3 destroked to 4.8 for better mileage. I'm wanting to use an individual runner intake for a wider powerband and better drivability with a bigger cam, with four Weber or Dellorto carbs, and MSD 6LS/6LS-2 for ignition duties. The carbs look may exotic but can be tuned for great mileage- I picked up 12 hwy mpg and 7 tenths in the 1/8th mile when I put a pair on my '64 VW Bug.

What would be the best forum to post in to get advice for the build plan? Thanks in advance!

And if anyone is interested, here's a couple pics of my '64 Bug that's my current daily driver. It currently has a 1679cc engine with dual 36mm Dellorto DRLA's, gets 36.25 hwy mpg, and runs mid/high nines in the 1/8 mile. I'm building a ~220hp stroker engine for it that should get it into the low 12's in the 1/4 mile.

3.25" stroker crank that I've knife edged, profiled, and polished.

Last edited by theastronaut; 05-17-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-13-2015, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

gen 3 internal keep the pics coming should be cool i would love to see high compression small motor
Old 03-16-2015, 09:22 AM

OMG a polished crank!, i have no idea why but i have an obsession with fully polished crank shaft's, comparable to weld **** i suppose, need more pictures of that thing for real, so few people take that kind of time to put into parts you'll never see. well done sir!

holy crap i just noticed how old this post is, now i feel dumb.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DO-WORK-SON
OMG a polished crank!, i have no idea why but i have an obsession with fully polished crank shaft's, comparable to weld **** i suppose, need more pictures of that thing for real, so few people take that kind of time to put into parts you'll never see. well done sir!

holy crap i just noticed how old this post is, now i feel dumb.
Just noticed that this had a reply. Here's a link to the whole process of reshaping, polishing, and balancing the crank.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie...ght=knife+edge

Quick Reply: New from Upstate SC With Mild Pro-Touring '66 C10 Build