Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Looking to get involved

Old 06-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to get involved

Hi LS1tech,

I bought a 1999 Trans Am LS1 on 6/1/12... last Friday. Photo album link below, car is listed in the garage now too.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/album.php?albumid=25581

I'd really like to get involved in automotive/racing/modding locally and casually. I love cars and am finally able to afford another car in addition to my winter vehicle, 91 Toyota pickup V6 5spd 4wd.

I am an Eagle Scout, love the outdoors, guns, fishing, kayaking. I love computers- building, gaming, coding.

I love thinking. Increasing emotional intelligence and maximizing effectiveness through fearless and motivated decision-making. It's the only skill that makes you better at everything and is shockingly ignored completely by schools. This is the most important thing to me ever, and is what makes me ME.

I play music. I sing well, play guitar self-taught, and play piano. I kick *** at piano.

I currently rent in Milwaukee by UWM, and grew up in Wausau, WI. I'm not well equipped to work on my car (no garage, few tools) but am looking for a knowledgeable and equipped friend, mentor, or group to spend time with. I like to visit my family in Wausau and have enough garage space and time in a weekend to do small mods. I work full-time on salary. I feel very fortunate in my personal life, and have been in a relationship for almost a year now.

Anyway, that's me, and hopefully you guys can help me feel welcome and help me get involved.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 133 Posts

Welcome aboard! Check out the regional forum to find people close to you.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:51 PM
On The Tree

...and long walks on the beach. Haha.

Welcome! The hobby is surprisingly addicting, as I'm sure you'll find. To begin, go ahead and pick up a manual (Haynes is probably the most common) for the car. It'll take you step by step on a complete teardown and rebuild and only costs about $20.

The site has a ton of guides, how-to threads, and walkthroughs to get you started on the basics, but if you still have questions after using that good old search button feel free to post up!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Teching In

haha thanks guys i will start with the regional section and Haynes' manual.

edit: bought it from amazon

Last edited by rberg89; 06-12-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Search this Thread