Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New owner of 2002 Camaro SS SLP Edition

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner of 2002 Camaro SS SLP Edition

First time owning a newish muscle car, all of my others have been lifted chevys or muscle cars with either a vortec that was carbed, or plain jane 350

Needless to say, LOVING THIS camaro..

Its a coupe, non t top. 6 speed hurst, center exhaust, I bought a diablo tuner and love messing around with it, makes a big difference with my LS1.

I am thinking my engine has a camshaft or some other modification because it just flys. second gear sideways normal with these things?

I plan on dragging it at the track, which is 5 minutes from where I live in Mission bc. www.missionraceway.com

Car has 154,000 kilometers, which is about 90,000 miles roughly. Car is very mint and will be showed at local shows.. Really a great car to drive, and looking forward to slapping some long tubes, msd wires and coils, as well as 3:73 gears and some corvette c6 rims.

Already did Castrol syntehtic 5w30 engine oil, dexron III tranny fluid and did Royal purple and ford friction fluid in the rear. Bought NGK plugs for it, and doing them and MSD wires tomorrow on it.

It has 3:42 gears for now, and an aftermarket muffler.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

sweet , center exhaust eh , i see tips on on bottom pic.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:10 AM
TECH Regular

Clean car.

Look to see if it had an aftermarket timing chain on it. If so then you might have a cam. I doubt it however, my exhaust only '99 SS would get swirly shifting into second.

You're plans seem solid. Get some quality longtubes, Y pipe, and a catback. Also look into getting a lid and P/P TB. I would wait until you get headers to do the plugs and wires, granted that is in the not so distant future. They are really a pain in the *** to do, and heaving the manifolds off is a fantastic time to do this.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:30 AM

Sorry, thought center exhaust was the center pipe, and not true duals.. Yes it has the tips. IT already has a cat back and aftermarket muffler, so wont be needing that, just the long tubes and y pipe... Any sugestions?

How do I see if it has an aftermarket timing chain without digging into it?

I ve done the flat panel k&n filter. and tonight, did plugs and msd wires.. IT needed the plugs... How in the hell do you guys get the rearmost passenger plug and wire? from underneath?

Anyways, Also with the diablo tuner, I have found it has made a huge difference... I am taking the car to the strip this friday night to see what I can run with it Im guessing low 13 high 12 just the way it hooks and pulls...

I will update with my timeslips forsure.

Now to get rid of the wheel hop
Old 06-12-2012, 03:09 AM
TECH Regular

LT's depends on how much you want to spend. If money is not an option, get a set of Kooks or Stainless Works. If you aren't rich but still want quality, you can't go wrong with TSP headers. They're very affordable, good quality, and stainless. Cant beat them IMO.

Passenger side back plug is a pain. You can get it from underneath, helps to have somebody guide you from above the car. Somebody sells a socket for getting to this plug, can't remember who right now though.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

quite sharp ... it looks like a clone to mine at least when I first got it.

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zxMZZdN-LEE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>