Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

hello from ny

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello from ny

greetings all,
newby here from ny, just bought my dream car a couple of months ago- a 2002 ws6 6speed,black on black.
love the car however have had a few issues since buying, the darn p/s cooler took a crap and contaiminated the coolant system,took no chances and swapped rad, most pipies and flushed with formula 88, hope i caught it on time!!
had minor clear coat peel on the passenger door,so had it resprayed, all in all the car looks fantastic with only 56k miles.

one question for other black t/a owners, does anyone else have a problem with the paint on the front bumper, hood & lights area? under certain light i can see hundreds of white specks in the paint work, and with a flash light in the dark the whole front clip looks clowdy and almost half painted, but looks perfect under daylight?
ive tried claying but it hasnt hepled, this problem is so faint i never noticed it on purchase, and it was present before the door sprayjob. just dont know if its a gm flaw or something that contaminated my paint? i can see tiny spects in the base it seems,perhaps dust?? I'm sure its factory paint still as the hood appears brown under spotlight, which i hear is standrd almost.

sorry for the long post, but know you guys are the **** on this.
thanks in advance.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:37 PM
12 Second Club

Congrats on the new ride. I don't have a black car but did you try wheeling it out?
Old 05-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

yes, had car compounded, polished and waxed shortly after purchase, still there, tried vineger and water solution in case it was water spots,but these are minute pin sized spots all over the front end up about half way on hood.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:48 AM

Hello irishws!

congrats for the new car.. I believe you will find this forum useful and interesting as much as I found it..

enjoy...
Old 06-25-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe its tiny rock chips from hwy driving? NY roads arent the best lol. welcome to the site!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Hey, welcome and congratulations on your Trans Am!

Everyone's opinions of car waxes vary, but here's a positive experience that I had with the Turtle Wax "Black Box" wax kit that I bought and used on my wife's Tuxedo Black Ford Escape; take it for what you think it's worth.

The wax and polish is a black-tinted substance that fills in and hides most minor scratches, swirl marks, and pits and has worked great for me. Perhaps it might do the same and enhance the paint on your Trans Am. I wish you the best of luck!