Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Kid from O'Town, Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Kid from O'Town, Missouri

Just sayin whats up, I have looked around here a bit before out of curiosity, but finally decided to make an account since I may be getting an LS car.
My name is Ryan, I am from the STL area for any of you around O'Fallon/St. Peters and such.
I am looking at a 98 Z28 w/ T-Tops, Automatic, and an LS1. This is where most of you guys here will be happy... I am trading my 1994 Mustang GT for it. Mustang has brand new Torch Red paint, 3.73 gears, Cobra front end, saleen wing, and 03 cobra wheels. Black leather, 5.0 5 speed 180k miles. Paid $4,600 for it with 18" Bullitts. Long story short, it is slow, way slower than my Foxbodies so I have been wanting to sell it.
I guess I need to ask some opinions from you guys. Mainly on value of the Camaro. It has 194k Miles on the body, and 20k on the motor and trans. Stock exhaust minus muffler delete, i think it is lowered a bit, and it has 4.10's. Oh, and a bypassed EGR for some odd reason? It is just pinched off, quite literally. The engine looked pretty clean, sounded great, and drove even better. Damn LS1's make MAD power stock, never realized it.
The paint on the car is decent, it has scratches and scuffs all around, not toooo many from the doors back, but the front clip has been resprayed, (had chips and everything alll over the front). It is no show car, by any means.

If a Z28 like this ran good, and was a halfway decent car, what would you guys mark the price at? Somewhere around $5,000 give or take? I just don't want to get cheated, I know I would like to trade, just concerned about re-sale versus the Mustang? I am definitely assuming the camaro is worth more as it sits even..

Thanks guys! Sorry for the long post in the welcome section, but just trying to figure things out pretty quickly!