Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from RI

Old 07-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from RI

Hi fellow gear heads. Just joined the forum, I couldn't help but notice that any question I've ever possibly pondered about ls1 cars has already been answered somewhere by someone that ran into the same problems. Well, the run down.. I'm 22 years old, born and raised in RI around classic cars. Grew up under my grandfather's arm whom was a classic car dealer his whole life. Learned to drive on a "3 on the tree". I've always been very interested in small blocks, built and blown tons of them. My first car was a 1967 chevelle which I bought when I was 14 and restored from the ground up. Car has slowly evolved from a cruiser to a pretty wild street/strip car. Currently runs 12's. Next year, it should hopefully be high 11's. I've been itching to save up for an ls1 car for the longest time. Finally have a 99 z28 which I've been getting my hands dirty with. Car's got a 6 speed with the hurst package. The whole list of bolt-on's, efi-live, and the world's most ridiculous, way overkill monster level-3 clutch, built rear with stock gearing. Car's quite impressive for just bolt on's. It would be a toss up between that and my chevelle which is a bitter sweet thing. Got the daily driver saab 9-5 which keeps the miles off the toys, 06 2500hd with the 6 liter which has efi live as well and also some bolt on's, and a bone stock 77 corvette which, sadly, I'm pretty sure is the slowest vehicle I own. It's in my blood, the ls1 technology is relatively new to me aside from the trucks, and clearly it's the way to go. Souped to finally dabble with it. I'll be asking plenty of questions and hopefully giving feed back if I can share any bit of knowledge. I'll be at Norwalk for the pontiac show this coming weekend for the Pontiac show. I'll be helping with a friend of mine racing his 64 Goat. Maybe I'll see some cars from the site while I'm down there. Thanks and hope to make some friends.

Search this Thread