Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Signed up today. Swapping a LS1 and trans into a 1977 Chevy van!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Signed up today. Swapping a LS1 and trans into a 1977 Chevy van!

So I've been checking this site out on a regular basis. I've been totally overwhelmed with all the kinks that need to be worked out with an LS1 swap and have found a lot of answers on this forum, so thank you. I figured I should finally sign up already. Anyway good to finally belong!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Welcome to LS1Tech!

How about some pictures of this van? We need some details on it
Old 09-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Here's some pictures. Just trying to figure out some clearance issues.
Attached Thumbnails Signed up today.  Swapping a LS1 and trans into a 1977 Chevy van!-img_0071.jpg   Signed up today.  Swapping a LS1 and trans into a 1977 Chevy van!-img_0072.jpg   Signed up today.  Swapping a LS1 and trans into a 1977 Chevy van!-img_0073.jpg   Signed up today.  Swapping a LS1 and trans into a 1977 Chevy van!-img_0078.jpg  
Old 10-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Teching In

77Gvan:

Welcome to LS1tech:
I saw your photos this morning. Your right the exhaust was my biggest worry. Front pulley clearance issue's can be dealt with by spending money on aftermarket setups. Many Variations out there and fortunately I don't need a Air Conditioning compressor.. Just Alternator water pump & power steering. Lowering the engine mounts is a way to gain room on left side , but be cautious to other interference with pan. Could get expensive. I bought a 700R4 cross member for my OEM turbo350 van. Its swopped back further for the longer trans. We could add length to the cross member to get the right drive line angle too. Right now I'm installing a 31 gal stainless Fuel tank. And a Dana 60 rear so haven't even started on the motor yet. One note. I'm going to add another full length steel fuel line (3/8) for the the supply and use the original steel line for return. Still have the charcoal canister line but will leave that alone as it was too small for return line purposes. Good-luck ..don't get discouraged. Every problem can be managed, just have to go about it the right way. Regards GRA3
Old 10-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Teching In

That will be totally cool! There is a local guy where i live with an older 4x4 van hes been restoring. Its bitchen, hes havin trouble locating the chrome for it though. Good luck =)

Quick Reply: Signed up today. Swapping a LS1 and trans into a 1977 Chevy van!