Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Tips on Renovating my firebird

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Tips on Renovating my firebird

Hey guys, i recently bought a 1999 Pontiac Firebird 3.8L and i've got to say i love the car. I got it for a good price to, 2300$ with 104K miles on it, the motor and transmission are running strong and although this is my first car i've learned a lot from it, She's a strong one. Anyways i wanted to know what type of work i should do on it first, i have a lot of projects that i want to do on this car. The following are what i want to do but not sure how i should put it in priority: Paint the car, Get a WS6 hood (if someone could explain how to make it functional it'd appreciate it), get new carpet, tint the windows, new cloth for the interior top of it, new car mats (if anyone here knows some cool affordable ones it'd be appreciated), get a new stereo with a steering wheel interface with it, and maybe get leather seats depending on wether the tinted windows will cool down my car because it gets extremely hot in their sometimes. So yeah, if you guys can try and help me figure out what i should do first, second, third, etc.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

Sounds like a great car. The first thing I would do is tint the windows. It will give you privacy, protect the interior, keep the sun and light out of your eyes, and overall make the car look better. As for floormats, several sponsers such as Afterthoughts sell the front pair for about $100. I personally wouldn't get the ram air hood until you get bigger wheels and tires so it looks better. Good luck.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, i've done a little bit of work on it but nothing major, just small fixes like the headlight problems that the birds usually have. Also how much do you think it'd cost me to get the front side windows and rear back window tinted? and are those matts durable? I just checked them out and their pretty cool(:

Quick Reply: Tips on Renovating my firebird